Efficacy of INLYTA® (axitinib) in second-line mRCC
INLYTA® demonstrated proven second-line efficacy in a robustly designed trial vs. an active comparator2
- AXIS: a Phase III, multicentre, randomised controlled trial evaluating INLYTA® vs. sorafenib2
Adapted from Rini BI, et al. 2011
*Dose could be increased or decreased after initiation.
†Dose could be decreased after initiation.
- All 723 patients received second-line therapy after progression in first line2
- The largest cohort of patients received SUTENT® first line (n=389, 54%)2
INLYTA® significantly improved PFS in second line vs. sorafenib1,2
ITT group: all patients
Adapted from Rini BI, et al. 2011 and INLYTA® Summary of Product Characteristics.
Scans were assessed by blinded independent radiology review.
Summary of the safety profile
The most common (≥20%) adverse reactions observed following treatment with axitinib were diarrhoea, hypertension, fatigue, decreased appetite, nausea, dysphonia and palmar-plantar erythrodysaesthesia (hand-foot syndrome).1
- INLYTA® Summary of Product Characteristics.
- Rini BI, et al. Lancet 2011;378(9807):1931–1939.
PP-INL-IRL-0060 April 2020