Nimenrix® for Travel
The full indication for Nimenrix® is active immunisation of individuals from the age of 6 weeks against invasive meningococcal diseases caused by Neisseria meningitidis group A, C, W135 and Y.1
When people travelling are at risk of meningococcal ACWY disease, help protect them with Nimenrix.1,2
Meningococcal ACWY vaccination is a requirement for Hajj and Umrah pilgrims3
All people travelling to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia for Hajj or Umrah (including seasonal workers) require proof of Meningococcal ACWY vaccination for entry.3
Requirements and recommendations may differ from year to year.3
Countries in Africa where vaccination against meningococcal disease is recommended for some travellers:2
Meningococcal ACW135Y vaccination is recommended for some people travelling to the ‘meningitis belt’ of Africa.2
- Burkina Faso
- Central African Republic
- Democratic Republic of Congo
- The Gambia
- Guinea Bissau
- Ivory Coast
- South Sudan
- Nimenrix® Summary of Product Characteristics. February 2021.
- Travel Health Pro. Meningococcal Disease Fact Sheet. Available at: https://travelhealthpro.org.uk/pdfs/generate/factsheets.php?new=42 Last accessed: November 2021.
- Travel Health Pro. Hajj and Umrah. Available at: https://travelhealthpro.org.uk/factsheet/19/hajj-and-umrah Last accessed: November 2021.
- World Heath Organisation. Menigococcal Meningitis, Prevention. Available at: https://www.afro.who.int/health-topics/meningococcal-meningitis Last accessed: November 2021
Legal Category: S1A
PP-NIM-IRL-0009 Preparation Date November 2021